Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Math Blog 1

Beduc419A
Blog 1

Patterns, pattern recognition, mathematical pattern recognition, yes!!!!
As I sat in class I found myself truly enjoying the approach and underlying goal for the class and for us as teachers. Getting students to discover and expand their mathematical reasoning. Mathematical reasoning is not restricted to a problem or set of problems or for that matter to a specific area. It transfers over and has applications in all areas of life.

Most enjoyable was the final problem. Word problems that require thinking through, that can be solved by logic and be simplified/aided by the use of mathematics, that could have a real application are much more fun. I plan on making use of such problems regularly in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation
Please feel free to comment, ask questions and offer suggestions.
All comments will be reviewed before posting.
Allow time for review. If your contribution is not yet visible it is likely pending review.